Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Make Walls Talk


I am learning more on design I am realizing things that people can hate in a home have been recreated to the new style of today.

As we are looking for our first home, I walk into the doors I see floral wallpaper-ugh! It is even worse when you see different floral in each room. My first thought is "how can I remove this and how much is it going to cost me?" One of the many things part of my staging business I will face is those out dated walls screaming "I need a makeover!"

Just today we looked at a charming cape cod home with angled walls. My mind races with ideas in each home and I normally fall in love within 5 minutes as I decorate in my head. Kevin, not so much. He looks at every boring detail like foundation, cracks, ex. It is a good thing too, just not as fun or interesting to me. Yes there was wall paper boarder in one room and lots of bold paint. That doesn't scare me-bring it on! I came home thinking about the living room and the angled wall. What would I do? Shelves and wallpaper! Yes wallpaper. There are so many new kinds of contemporary wallpaper. So I searched to show you what I was thinking. Check this link out.

http://www.hgtv.ca/puredesign/theshow.aspx?season=2&sectionid=378&categoryid=5892666534844356552&postid=90735

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

 

Your Little Nest | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates